This shot was taken at the Flaming Mountains, Turpan. These mountains extend for 100km and the heat of the day makes it look like it is on fire and the reason for its name. There is a legend saying that it was the Monkey King who knocked down the stove where he was imprisoned causing the supporting bricks to fall down to earth resulting in the formation of this place. The locals have now benefitted from this misfortune.Tourists now take a ride on this donkey cart to tour around this place.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
Sergiom (49050) 2010-10-26 11:01
Belle composition. L'ane et son maître sont à la recherche de l'ombre et ces bâtiments aux formes très spéciales sont très beaux.
eenabotravel (173) 2010-10-29 21:38
Very interesting and original shot! Great composition and colours!
- Copyright: Aloysius Ho (aloyho) (6798)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2010-09-10
- Categories: Daily Life, Nature
- Camera: SONY Alpha A350 Digital SLR, SONY 3.5 - 6.3 / 18 - 250mm, Vitacon 62mm UV
- Exposure: f/13.0, 1/500 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2010-10-25 22:38