Mt. Cho Oyu is the sixth highest mountain in the world. Cho Oyu lies in the Himalaya and is 20 km west of Mount Everest. Cho Oyu means "Turquoise Goddess" in Tibetan.
The photo was taken along the way from Old Tingri to Mt. Everest.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
jeanfrancois (1259) 2005-05-29 15:51
This is a magnificent view. the steppe in the forground is also fantastic.
Kolyamour (1760) 2005-06-02 3:10
Beautiful scenery. I like this contrast between warm autumn colours and cold snowy mountains against blue sky. Well seen and well done.
Thanks for share.
- Copyright: draco long (draco) (1355)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2004-10-00
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon EOS 30, Tamron 24-135 3.5/5.6 SP AD Aspherical, Kodak E100VS, Hoya Circular Polarizer 72mm
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Eight Thousanders - 8000m & Above [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2005-05-29 4:06