Up in the mountains of South Yunnan, between the rice terraces, is the village of YuanYang-Xinjie situated. Most inhabitants are of the Hani or Yi minority. According to her clothes, the woman on this picture belongs to the Yi. She is busy making some fried sticky rice sticks for me, which tasted delicious!
The complete valleys turned into rice terraces are definitely worth it to visit this remote area. Most terraces are already several centuries old. I visited this area on a cycling trip from Kunming to Jinghong.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Tonny Nooyens (pantooni) (312)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-12-24
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Nikon D-80, Nikkor 18-55mm.
- Exposure: f/3.8, 1/40 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2014-08-14 10:52