One of the nicest temples in Chengde is PotalaSi. It is also the biggest in the city. It has been build to welcome the Dalai Lama when he came to the city a few hundred years ago.
The building itself really looks like the Potala palace from the outside. Very impressive building.
- - - - - -
- little cropping
- some saturation
- Sharpened for posting
Critiques | Translate
orme (7215) 2004-11-06 22:24
A well framed shot, Etienne, especially with the placement of the stone lion. The architecture is stunning. Excellent detail and colours. Well done.
Nikki-chan (95) 2005-04-11 1:10
The low angle, bright colors, and the sharpness make this photo stand out. Impressive!
colinbrenchley (6431) 2006-03-05 4:52
Great POV and composition with an excellent sky adding to the impact of the shot.
I note the tha colours of the ceremic tiles, Orange and Green are identical to those found in the Forbidden Palace in Beijing.
- Copyright: Etienne Francois (etiennejr) (1022)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2004-09-00
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Canon EOS 300D, Tamron AF 28-300 XR DI, Digital RAW, Polarization filter
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Traditional Chinese architecture [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2004-11-06 3:27