At the antique market in Beijing, fossilized sea crustaceans can be found. The challenge being is that they do look real, but it is possible ... quite possible that these interesting craftsmen of China have found a means of replicating even these rare items. I am no expert on fossils. But I do know that most items at this market are marketed to look old. Perhaps this image is clear enough that some of you might be expert enough to tell “are they or are they not” real. An interesting photo opportunity none the less.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
PETERJOHN (112) 2008-06-05 4:15
I like these keen details.
It does not give just typical antique fade colours.
There is a good colour in your photo. Personally I would not suggest the frame.
- Copyright: David Reed Thomas (drt100) (2109)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-01-13
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Olympus E-410, Olympus 14 - 42 mm Digital
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/40 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Ghost Market Beijing, China [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2008-06-05 0:52