There is a high feeling of winter joy as Beijing people re-visit great sites enhanced with a white touch of snow. Just behind the forbidden city are five temples. Special places and beautiful always. But with a rare winter snow fall these temples cast a different view, special, and beautiful. They stand at the very center of Beijing city. From them in all directions expands this great city, but today it seems all white and lost as the snow blankets everything and hides all within a short distance.
David Reed Thomas
Critiques | Translate
BennyV (13378) 2010-01-05 1:11
Another greet addition to your winter in Beijing series.
Great use of the tree and hedges for framing, excellent pov.
travelm8 (366) 2010-01-05 4:19
you have composed the photo beautifully by making the most of the trees and hedge, well done.
fanni (14268) 2010-01-05 13:38
first of all, a Happy New Year 2010 to you!!!
This is a VERY beautiful, very artistic, interesting photo - like all your photos! I like the composition a lot! and the people's red clothes emphasize the cold snowy surroundings very nicely :)
I wish you good luck!
Warm wishes from very frosty Stockholm,
- Copyright: David Reed Thomas (drt100) (2039)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2010-01-03
- Categories: Daily Life, Nature, Architecture
- Camera: Olympus E-410, Olympus 45-150mm zoom
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Beautiful winter, White snow, winter picture, Beijing in Winter, Favorites [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2010-01-05 0:43
- Favorites: 1 [view]