In HengShan, Hunan province, besides a holy mountain, the main attraction is a tao temple, dedicated to the god of fire.
The day I visited was some kind of special celebration day, since it was full of people making offerings to the gods by throwing bags with incense and fireworks into big fires in front of the main temple. Some believers went through extensive prayers before making the offerings. The fruit is used to put on the altars inside the temple.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Tonny Nooyens (pantooni) (379)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-09-14
- Categories: Ceremony
- Camera: Nikon D-80, Nikkor 18-55mm.
- Exposure: f/10.0, 1/250 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-10-15 14:48