Kampong Khleang is a traditional stilted village community within the floodplain of the Tonle Sap Lake 35km east of Siem Reap. The 20,000 residents living naturally in harmony above the Tonle Sap with an economy based on fishing and on ecosystem that the lake provides.
Kampong Khleang can be visited the whole year, in the dry season you will be surprised by the houses on steels reaching up 10 meters. In raining season the water rises almost up to the floor of the houses and the village will be surrounded by flooded forest. Take a walk at the centre of Kompong Khleang, an island on which there is a lively market, a pagoda and a school.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Wiktor Czerwinski (MoreTravel) (890)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-02-15
- Categories: Daily Life, Transportation
- Camera: CANON 450D, 18-200mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS, 72 mm UV HOYA
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/640 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: A Little Taste Of Southeast Asia
- Date Submitted: 2012-03-18 2:21