Kompong Phluk is outside Siem Reap and sits on the edge of Cambodia's huge inland lake, Tonle Sap. Late in the dry season it is evidently a village of bamboo supported sky scrapers towering above the shallow water.
Early in the dry season, however, the houses seem to be just above water level but the water is several metres deep. The houses, schools etc are on very tall stilts.
In this photo you see a group of houses with people going about their daily life. An amazing place.
Photo taken from a moving boat.
Critiques | Translate
dkmurphys (49372) 2011-12-28 2:13
Very fine scene from that amazing world. Nice colors and a peaceful atmosphere.
Good shot, have a nice day.
skippy007 (12510) 2012-01-04 20:34
Hello Ian, This reminds me Kuching, the buildings are very similar, in construction, wooden & on stilts & colour. Nice colourful scene, well captured in good colour & light.
Best wishes for 2012,
- Copyright: Ian Fegent (ifege) (10225)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-12-03
- Categories: Daily Life, Transportation, Architecture
- Camera: Pentax K20D, Pentax 18-250, 62 mm HOYA Circular Polarize
- Exposure: f/11, 1/180 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Indo China
- Date Submitted: 2011-12-28 1:04