Wat Maha Leap in Kampong Cham province is one of the few wooden wats that survived the bloody Pot Pot regime. During the Khmer Rouge regime it was converted into a hospital and the temple grounds were used as a burial site.
These days the temple is fully restored, but it remains quite sober. It makes a countryside trip from Kampong Cham. When the small river is navigable, it can also be reached by boat.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Benny Verbercht (BennyV) (13058)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-07-30
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Nikon D3200, Tamron AF18-200mm 3,5-6,3 XR Di II E 6
- Exposure: f/9.0, 1/320 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Cambodia 2013
- Date Submitted: 2013-09-25 4:52