Made in the Geghard Monastery in Armenia. According to the legend, the monastery was founded by the St. Gregory the Illuminator, who also adopted the Christianity to Armenia. Geghard Monastery is one of the most important site of pilgrimage. Today it still keeps its medieval, mysterious look.
Critiques | Translate
worldcitizen (7123) 2010-01-14 18:18
You controlled the light very well in this photo, and I like that you captured the man as he was lighting the candle. It is usually very difficult to get a good balance of light and dark inside a monastery or church, but you did a nice job.
- Copyright: Karol Raniszewski (krgrafika) (26)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-05-23
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Pentax K100D, Tamron SP 28-75 f/2.8
- Exposure: f/3.5, 1/10 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2009-11-30 1:32