This picture was taken at dusk and exposed long enough so the scene does not appear nearly completely dark. In a few moments from this, the city becomes surprisingly dark.
While there may be concerns of safety in the back streets (I felt OK after the first night, but I can understand how some people may perceive different emotions), there was a calming effect. This is the way nature wanted it: it is night, it should be dark!
This was taken from a window in the Hotel Diplomat which is not far from an area of the medina that is mostly shops for locals. We enjoyed the visit.
- Copyright: Dan Bachmann (danbachmann) (1746)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-04-21
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Pentax *ist D, Tamron 17-35 2,8-4 D
- Exposure: f/3.5, 1/40 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2008-05-22 15:14