The mountain oases of Tamerza, Mides and Chebika are approximately one hour's drive from Tozeur.
Tamerza is an ancient town dating to the fith century - serene and elegant - Berber ruins in umber, accented by a white mosque.
The old part of the town was abandoned in 1969 after 22 days of non-stop rain destroyed the mud brick dwellings and the inhabitants moved to a hastily constructed new town.
There is now just a small population well outnumbered by the date palms of the oasis. However it remains beatiful tourist attraction and is one of the most photographed place in Tunisia.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Patryk Moriak (patriik) (1935)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2007-10-00
- Categories: Nature, Ruins
- Camera: Canon EOS 10D, Tokina AT-X PRO 80-200/2.8, Cokin P System
- Details: Tripod: Yes
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2007-11-24 7:41