Zebra are generally social animals and can be seen in small groups and large herds. In Serengeti National Park, within these groups/herds, they can often be seen in clusters of two, maintaining this defensive posture, from which they watch out for predators.
The name "zebra" comes from the Old Portuguese word "zevra" which means "wild ass".
- Copyright: Michael Levy (MichaelLevy) (651)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-01-08
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Cannon 40D, 70-200mm f/4L IS USM, RAW, B+W 67mm Circular Polarizer
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/320 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2009-05-03 5:42