This picture was taken outside the Shira camp on the Machame route on the way to Kilimanjaro. The picture show the west side of the mountain and one of the porters that has been off to collect some water (I think). I think it turned out to be quite a nice picture. I love the blue sky and the clouds that "caress" the mountain top.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
mimi (2325) 2003-10-07 22:41
This shot brings back such good memories for me. I did the Machame route last summer. It's amazing to me what those porters can carry and how fast they go.
The view of the mountain and sky is beautiful. It's too bad, though, that the porter is so small. It would be nice to see more detail on him. Also, in my opinion, the photo could stand to be sharpened a little.
- Copyright: Gard Karlsen (gard) (142)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2003-09-30
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon PowerShot S30
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/501 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): World Heritage Sites (UNESCO), Porters of the world [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2003-10-07 10:37