Sudan has gone through over 20 years of civil war. It is not all settled yet in the west and partly in the south fronts. Visitors are allowed to travel in some regions only. All need to get a Sudan visa, which requires a certified letter from your own consulate.
from 4th to 16th Sep, 2007 - 13 days in SUDAN:
- Wadi Halfa 1 - (Abu Hamed) 1 - Khartoum (Omdurman) 5 - (Meroe, Royal Palace) - Atbara 1 - (Port Sudan) - Suakin 2 - Kassala 1 - Gedaref 2 - (…Gallabalt…) -
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
happypoppeye (4819) 2008-09-10 12:50
Good shot Michael. The flatbread is a bit "blown", but the faces are very nicely exposed so good choice on the exposure. I like the composition with the 5 men in the shot, with the smile on the left adding a bit of character.
This place looks really familiar, but can't be positive on the exact location ...who did you overland with. ...did you take the ferry from Aswan to Wadi Halfa?
colibriav (2172) 2008-09-17 14:21
Gran imagen que nos muestra parte de la vida cotidiana de un pueblo castigado.
Un saludo desde España y gracias por compartir:
- Copyright: Michael MK Fung (mansoelmundo) (63)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2007-09-13
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Canon EOS 350D, Canon 10-22mm EFS, 77mm HOYA UV
- Exposure: f/10.0, 1/40 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2008-09-09 20:10