Eventually (see my photos of Sedeinga and Jebel Dosha) I got to the Soleb temple. Certainly it looked more impressive than Sedeinga.
The Soleb Temple was commissioned by the same pharaoh, Amenhotep III. And this one was dedicated to the pharaoh himself (worshiped as god Amun-Re).
The so-called Prudhoe lions originated from Soleb.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
mcmtanyel (13539) 2013-04-23 20:23
"With the measure you use, you will be measured"
Almost perfect. It would be perfect if the top of the closer wall of the temple were not cut-off or if it were cropped a little further down. That way, it would be obvious that the top of the temple is not meant to be included. As it is, it looks like an oversight.
- Copyright: Marcin S Sadurski (msadurski) (234)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2010-01-04
- Categories: Architecture, Ruins
- Camera: Pentax K 10 D, Pentax SMC DA 40mm f/2.8 Limited
- Exposure: f/4, 1/1000 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-04-21 6:17