This is a desert bus waiting for passengers in Shendi, northern Sudan. These kind of buses based on old Bedford trucks were quite popular in Sudan a few years ago. Now they operate on short distances only and on sandy desert roads.
The cut on the right edge is an obvious flaw but I couldn't resist showing the boy's face.
I hope the colours and the sharpness are up to the usual TE standards.
More: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shendi but the article seems to be slightly outdated.
Critiques | Translate
kasianowak (7271) 2013-05-01 5:33
Another interesting everyday scene from Sudan. I don't think the crop on the right is such a big issue as you think it is. True, it is rather unusual but it makes the image unique and a bit quirky. It looks as if the boy were stealing a glimpse of the photographer over the edge of the frame creating a "photo within a photo" effect, which is rather cool.
I'm surprised this shot has attracted so little interest in terms of the ratio of critiques to the number of viewers.
- Copyright: Marcin S Sadurski (msadurski) (234)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2010-01-24
- Categories: Daily Life, Transportation
- Camera: Pentax K 10 D, Tamron 18-250mm F/3,5-6,3 Di II LD, Marumi DHG Super Circular PLD
- Exposure: f/8, 1/45 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop
- Date Submitted: 2013-04-27 6:14