Meyer's parrot (Poicephalus meyeri)(22 - 23 cm)Also known as the Bosveld Papegaai.
These are quite common birds in South Africa. Typical of the family is that they are able to use their beaks and feet to climb about in trees. Use their strong beaks to open nuts and seeds and can hold the food with their feet. Live on fruit and nuts.
Taken with Nikon D70 and Sigma 170-500 lens set at 500mm. ISO 500. Sorry about the distuurbing background.
- Copyright: Ben Broughton (benbroug) (660)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2004-08-09
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Nikon D70, Sigma 170-500mm APO
- Exposure: f/6.3, 1/800 seconds
- Details: Tripod: Yes
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2004-08-09 15:10
- Favorites: 1 [view]