- In 1983 this TGV (High-Speed Train) connected Dakar to Thiès, it's replaced since 1987 by "The Small Blue Train" which now connects Dakar to its suburbs. In addition a broad outline connects Dakar to Bamako in Mali, the departures are dubious, normally there are of them two per week, the 1300 kilometers are rejoined in 48 hours!!
Critiques | Translate
Gerrit (43765) 2006-03-07 3:40
Great shot with the speed captured very well of this supersonic train.
Very good impression of the circumstances of the public transport in the Sahel.
Thanks and regards, Gerrit
pastadog (13105) 2006-03-07 3:44
Hi Giorgio, what a beauty! Nice to see this train in action, rather than in a museum. Pity I can't take a ride, it was surely great fun, and it looks ideal for interaction with the other passengers. Thanks for sharing the shot! Regards, Daniel
Galmeida (12559) 2006-03-07 5:32
Interesting note and a fine capture of this TGV and the passengers. Fine perspective and a decisive moment to capture this funny train. Good light, colors and handling motion. Very well seen and composed. Congratulations and thanks for this Serie that I remeber my passage from this place. I stayed at Zingchor and the beach was at the left of the Club Med as you refered in your answer.
leo61 (0) 2006-03-07 11:33
That`s a nice one.
Well done with the sharpness of the train.
Also good light and colors.
anavazao (5592) 2006-03-07 13:45
nice moment with great colours,composition and details!
josepmarin (57075) 2006-03-07 17:17
Une photo très sympa. Voilà le TGV du Senegal.
Très bien chassé le mouvement du train, avec une grande définition et des belles couleurs.
ktanska (23172) 2006-03-08 2:49
Great sense of speed, although it probably was not very high :)
I have never seen anything like that. Very interesting piece of railway history. Looks a fun ride for short distances, and excellent ventilation!
- Copyright: Giorgio Chem (Giorgio) (11279)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 1983-03-00
- Categories: Humorous, Transportation, Decisive Moment
- Camera: Minolta XG 1, Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6D DL Macro Super, Kodak Plus X
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/250 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: March 1983 in Senegal
- Theme(s): 18 years old +, Trains 'Old and New" [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2006-03-07 3:34