This bridge my friends is amazing!!
4.5 km of steel in the middle of nowhere...I mean is somewhere (the passage between Mutarara and Sena villages over the Zambezi River)...imagine a structural engineering project of this magnitude devastated by the war. Today it only works on one side. Only pederstians and bikes can cross it. It was build by the Portuguese in 1962 as this area was rich in cotton, sugar cane and Maize. The war left the bridge and the Region in ruins...
hope you like it!
Critiques | Translate
syd1946 (18663) 2008-08-26 2:29
I like how you play with the lines of steel against the deep blue sky.Effective shot based in clever idea!
holmertz (51236) 2008-08-26 3:35
Fantastiskt spel mellan stål och blå himmel. Otroligt vackert rent grafiskt, men tragisk story bakom bilden.
scroller (3445) 2008-08-26 10:02
This photo my friend is amazing, Great sharpeness and light !
Super job here R!
- Copyright: Rolando Wallusche Saul (woladorsky) (806)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-04-27
- Categories: Daily Life, Transportation, Architecture, Artwork, Ruins, Decisive Moment
- Camera: Nikon D80, Nikon 18-135 DX, 67mm Circular Polarizer
- Exposure: f/4.8, 1/180 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2008-08-26 1:33
- Favorites: 1 [view]