Tinehir is at the start of the Todra Valley and gorge. On the outskirts of town was this ruined kasbah or maybe ksar (fortified village). The colour stood out against the green background of palms and crops beside the river. I took a wider photo but in preparing it for TE decided that there should be more emphasis on the ruins rather than the arid background in the original photo so I did a serious crop to highlight the kasbah.
Critiques | Translate
hispic (9619) 2009-07-08 20:15
The abandoned kasbah has been captured with an attractive lighting. The main subject seems stand out further by darkening or burning the bright foreground.
I'm surprised it doesn't have more comments despite such a nice image.
dumbo (4541) 2009-07-12 5:46
Great high POV that allows us to see this old and ruined mud village and the green, green oasis. Really good composition.
- Copyright: Ian Fegent (ifege) (10223)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-03-30
- Categories: Architecture, Ruins
- Camera: Pentax K20D, Pentax 18-250
- Exposure: f/16, 1/180 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Morocco and Europe
- Date Submitted: 2009-07-08 2:51