Ahouach (a.k.a. Ahwach, Ahwash) refers to a folkloric style of music and associated dance from southern Morocco. an Ahwach session is held by a number of performers (sometimes more than 20 performers) from both men and women (in some regions; only men) playing on the rhythms of drums while chanting, Ahwach is famous in the Amazigh (berber) regions of Morocco, especially, the region of Ouarzazate, Zagoura, Souss.
The root h-w-sh means "dance", but the term ahwash encompasses
1) general idea of (musical) performance
2) An evening of song and dance
3) a single piece and
4) the dance section of a single piece.
Taken at:rendezvous-de-la-musique 2013
Aslim, Agdz, Souss-Massa-Dra‚, Marokko
Critiques | Translate
parvatibb (1383) 2013-04-13 12:27
For me this also a great portrait as your next one with the lady. I guess lady factor make the difference:).
I like the tight crop, the fuzzy orange background and his expression.
One of my friend who is visiting Morocco at the moment told me that it is very difficult to take photo of the people. You already published 2, he will be jealous :))
- Copyright: Janos Sofalvi (joso) (2417)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-04-05
- Categories: Daily Life, Festivals, Event
- Camera: Nikon D7000, 18-105mm 3.5 - 5.6G ED AF-S VR Nikkor
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/10 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-04-08 10:40