Lack of turists in Chinguetti due to alleged danger of terrorism in the region is leading the local population to ruim and Chiguetti's kids to malnutrition and death.
Since 2007 the situation is detariorating with the gradual disapearance of turists in the region.
In condening this region as red zone to turists, aren't govenmenst, like the French one, pushing the young population to the arms of terrorism? Without economic alternatives, desperate and faminshed what is it left to them?
I'll start a series of posting of my pictures of Mauritania, in hope that people rediscouver the beauty of this country.
For more on the subject see TV5 programm the Envoyee Special "Les gens du desert" about the graces and disgraces of turism with the desert.
- Copyright: Flavia J Soares (Flavia) (10352)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-12-29
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Cannon EOS 30D, Canon EFS 18-200mm, HOYA 55mm UV
- Exposure: f/7.1, 1/250 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): People & their enviroments [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2012-09-09 8:08