This picture is taken outside a wooden house where mothers were waiting till their babies were inspected by nurses. It was near Antsirabe. The people are mostly very poor.
Antsirabe is the third largest city in Madagascar and has a population of approximately 183,000. It's the capital of the Vakinankaratra region. The altitude is about 1500 m, so the climate is rather cool.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
eversmile (11634) 2008-05-07 2:23
A sensual and charming portrait! The colors are good, the composition effective, and the kid very cute!
japiey (10163) 2008-05-07 2:28
A lovely concept.
Well captured, presented.
I did try for a B/W version...
Hope that makes a smile in you..
All the best.
- Copyright: Bert Henning (Berth) (495)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2006-10-03
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: SONY DSC-R1, Vario Sonnar 2,8-4,8/ 14,3-71,5 mm T*, Digital
- Exposure: f/3.5, 1/160 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2008-05-07 1:56