The lionesses were relaxing by a tree, having taken their fill of buffalo one lunchtime. They weren't that far from where I was staying at the time - Ngutuni Lodge, near Voi in Kenya - and so the guide took some of us out to see them.
For me, the realisation of just how close these beautiful, but dangerous, animals were to where I was sleeping (the buildings in the background) was summed up extremely well in this photograph.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Richard Cooper Knight (cooperknights) (394)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2007-09-29
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Cannon EOS 400D, Tamron 55-200mm f/4-5.6 LD DiII
- Exposure: f/5.0, 1/800 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2007-12-29 1:47