Hundreds of children sold by their parents to fishermen in Ghana .
The children are sold to the fishermen by their parents who cannot afford to feed or school them.
The fishermen value the children because their small hands are ideal for handling fishing nets.
The children - some taken away when they were as young as three - had been forced to work from dawn to dusk fishing on Lake Volta in central Ghana.
When the nets got caught on the bottom of the lake they had to dive down to free them.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Assi Dvilanski (asival) (5305)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-12-19
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Canon EOS 50D, Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 IS USM
- Exposure: f/7.1, 1/500 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2011-02-20 22:36
- Favorites: 1 [view]