This picture is supposed to open a new gallery from our trip to Ethiopia.
The river you see is Omo. Omo is the biggest river in Ethiopia, starts in the northern mountains and follows the Great Rift Valley all the way south to lake Turkana.
The lower valley of the Omo river is Africa's last bastion of tribal communities and their villages, tribes like Hammer, Karo, Mursi and Surma, just to mention a few.
The trip to the Omo valley was a fascinating experience that I'd like to share with you, so stay tuned, as there is much to post over the next weeks...
- Copyright: Michal Strzelbicki (mikele_pl) (2400)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-12-28
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: OLYMPUS E-510, ZUIKO DIGITAL 12-60mm f/2.8-4
- Exposure: f/4.5, 1/2500 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-04-03 13:50