The Great Sphinx and the Pyramid of Khephren (also written as Khafra, Khefren and Chephre) behind. No one is certain on who built the Sphinx, but is generally believed that the image is of Khefren, whose pyramid is in this photo.
There size and bulk are very impressive. This would be a remarkable accomplishment, even in current times. But to realize that these have survived 4500 years I think it is the most remarkable thing to contemplate about these structures.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Mike Basil (mbasil) (2127)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-03-02
- Categories: Daily Life, Architecture, Ruins
- Camera: Nikon D50, Nikkor 18-200mm 3.5-5.6 G ED AF-S VR
- Exposure: f/11, 1/350 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-03-06 3:02