Photos

Photographer's Note

serie Egipto
ASUÁN
Mausoleo del Aga Khan
(foto de 2001 escaneada)

La foto la tomé navegando en faluca, de Asuán a la primera presa. En lo alto el Mausoleo del Aga Khan. Debajo la residencia de verano de los Aga Khan (la Villa Blanca)

El Mausoleo de Aga Khan es la tumba del Sultán Mahommed Shah, Aga Khan III, ubicada en la ciudad egipcia de Aswan, se encuentra ubicado en lo alto de una colina en la orilla occidental del río Nilo. Aga Khan es el título de los imanes de los musulmanes nizarí, perteneciente al Chiismo.

El mausoleo es un edificio de granito rosa construido a finales de los 50 con un diseño similar a otras tumbas de califas fatimíes en el Cairo. El mausoleo tiene vista a la residencia de verano de los Aga Khan, la Villa Blanca, y al monasterio de San Simón. En el mausoleo también está enterrada su esposa, Umm Habiba (1906 - 2000), nacida como Yvonne Blanche Labrousse.
(Wikipedia)

----------------------------------------------------

Egypt series
ASWAN
Aga Khan Mausoleum
(photo of 2001 scanned)

I took the photo navigating the felucca from Aswan to the first dam. At the top of the Aga Khan Mausoleum. Below the summer residence of the Aga Khan (the White Villa)

The Aga Khan Mausoleum is the tomb of Sultan Mahommed Shah, Aga Khan III, located in the Egyptian city of Aswan, is situated atop a hill on the west bank of the Nile River Aga Khan is the title of the imams Nizari Muslims, belonging to Shi'a Islam.

The mausoleum is a pink granite building built in the late 50's with a similar design to other tombs of the Fatimid caliphs in Cairo. The mausoleum overlooks the summer residence of the Aga Khan, the White Villa, and the monastery of St. Simon. The mausoleum is also buried his wife, Umm Habiba (1906 - 2000), born Yvonne Blanche Labrousse.
(Wikipedia)

Amaz, josepmarin, vasilpro has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 3528
Points: 20
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by carlos marin (carlosmarin) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 1050 W: 5 N: 1888] (11954)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH