One of the most interesting things to see in the south of Egypt is the site of Abu Simbel. It is about 60km north of the Sudan border.
You get there by water by means of a cruise ship, by air making use of Aswan airport or by road on a taxi, mini van or touring bus. The cheapest option is the latter and takes 3 hours from the town of Aswan. There is a tourist convoy thru the desert with pretty high speeds. Two stints a day I believe. The first stint arrives as 7am (leaves Aswan at 4am).
If you feel fit at that time, you can take a sprint around the mountain and take the first picture of the day at an empty AS. :)
Small video here!
Wikipedia on Abu Simbel.
- Copyright: Gilbert Sopakuwa (startacked) (1371)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-09-15
- Categories: Ruins
- Camera: Canon PowerShot G10, Canon PowerShot G10 ND filter
- Exposure: f/4, 1/160 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Egypt 2009
- Date Submitted: 2009-11-15 12:10