In Makadi Bay (near to Hurghada) I spotted this Tannoura dancer! really a supershow!
Breath-taking, take a closer look to the children sitting at the front row! And the wonderful umbrella's
Sufism is a spiritual art practiced in many countries. It has some Islamic background although it contradicts with some other Islamic beliefs according to some Islamic scholars.
Tannoura is a sufi dance accompanied by oriental music. The dancers wearing big colorful skirts spin with the beats at very high speeds forming a great color show which is candy to the eye ... and to the camera :) especcialy by night!
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Mathias Abdelmalik (Tias) (179)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2007-07-23
- Categories: Ceremony
- Camera: Canon PowerShot G5, 7.2-28.8mm f/2.0-3.0, SanDisk Ultra II 1GB
- Exposure: f/2.2, 1/50 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2007-11-11 12:52