This is the main prayer hall of the Citadel Mosque. It has only one big hall and still in everyday use for prayers. The interior of this hall is an work of art with magnificent and colorful decoration on the walls and beautifully lit with huge crystal chandeliers across the roof.
Since the mosque is on the top of a hill, decent breeze plays in an out all the time creating mystical wind chimes on the crystal pieces. It'll give the visitors a feel of peace if he/she rests a little in the hall.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Faisal Huda (fhuda) (15)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-10-30
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Canon EOS 400D (Rebel XTi), Canon 16-35mm f/2.8 LII USM
- Exposure: f/2.8, 1/100 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Egypt on a shoestring [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2009-10-25 4:02