Everywhere you can meet thiskind of lizard on the west coast of Cameroon. I have plenty of them in my garden also.
These colorful big ones are probably the male whereas the grey little ones which are quite often nearby are probably the female. It's quite funny to watch them making a strange dance like pumping up and down on their legs when they are close to the females.
This one reminded me another lizard I met in Jordan one year ago. I met this one along the sea on a big rock in front of me. The weather was not so hot (27°C) but the atmosphere was so humid that I was sweating like hell...
Idenao is the far side of the west coast road from Douala. At the end of that village, there is no more main road and you have to go through a narrow metallic bridge if you want to go further to the north in the Nigeria direction. So I guess no car can go further.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Steven Le Vourc'h (Curioso) (9271)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2006-10-29
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon EOS 20D, Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 L USM IS, Digital RAW, Hama UV 77 mm
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/400 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: LIVING IN CAMEROON
- Date Submitted: 2006-10-29 13:13
- Favorites: 1 [view]