A friend stood in front of me so that I could get a discrete shoot of the bustling activity along the main road of Ketou's market.
The market comes to Ketou once every five days.
The man on a motorcycle is waiting at the taxi stop for passengers to get on. Around him are three men wearing coats. It must have been about 30 degrees when I took the photo, but it was during the 'Harmattan' season. During this time, it's very dry and dusty; the temperatures do actually drop quite a bit at night, so it is comparatively 'cool' in the early morning.
Critiques | Translate
rshrestha (270) 2007-10-15 12:16
Nice picture depicting the daily life. I wished you had taken the sandals wrapped in plastic at the bottom right out of frame. It is creating a bit of distraction
pancla (395) 2007-10-15 12:17
It gives a sense of that bustling activity of a market. Nice.
- Copyright: Caleb Ficner (kwekwekan) (866)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2007-01-12
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Panasonic Lumix FX-01
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/250 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Benin, Un-forgotten
- Theme(s): My Photography [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2007-10-15 8:00
- Favorites: 1 [view]