This is a view from a nice portuguese building in the heights of Luanda. This colorful building was one of my favourites building in this town in spite of the poor maintenance.
Today, this former colonial building is one of the main high school in town. As told before, taking such simple pictures was not easy because photography is forbidden in Angola. So, I had to be extremely careful when shooting especially days like this when I was walking alone instead of shooting from my car. This was the only way to choose a proper point of view.
I just discovered that Salvador Correia was one of the main portuguese contributor in the Angolan history in the XVII° century.
- Copyright: Steven Le Vourc'h (Curioso) (9271)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2000-11-00
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Sony DSC-S70, JPEG 100 ISO
- Exposure: f/5.0, 1/2000 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: LIVING IN ANGOLA
- Theme(s): Life in Angola has different faces. [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2003-09-16 7:59