Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great paguru 2005-04-22 11:54

That's a great shot! I like the low angle, the eye is almost at ground level which makes the tree look even larger. The colors are excellent, and the white tree stands out against that deep blue sky. I couldn't resist to do a workshop and try to remove some of the noise in the otherwise perfect sky.

Old 04-22-2005, 11:35 PM
TE Newbie

Default To paguru: You are right...

I am not going to rewrite the comment I wrote for the other workshop on my picture. I am just going to tell you that to me your Workshop is slightly better than the other one. Thanks a lot. What program did you use and what did you do exactly. Maybe one day I should be able to do it myself...
Old 04-24-2005, 11:16 AM
TE Newbie

Default Re: To paguru: You are right...

Hi Stephane,
thanks for your reply. I used the "standard" tools Neat Image (www.neatimage.com) and Adobe Photoshop. NeatImage ("NI") is for noise removing, I simply ran your pic through it without any special settings. Then, I opened the result in Photoshop ("PS") and used the "Unsharp mask" filter twice with the settings I described to sharpen your picture. IMO, sharpening is a critical step, you have to find the settings that match your personal style and your camera.
Regards,
Oliver