Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great tyro 2014-06-10 8:09

Hi Craig,

Welcome back after your long absence! I look forward to seeing many more pictures from your recent travels - especially if the rest are as good as this one. Nice to know too that you were well looked after by Deniz, although it sounds like he wasn't very good at controlling the weather!

Another fine photograph from your super-wide "city" lens, probably taken at its shortest length of 8mm, I suspect. The symmetrical composition is wonderful, the "lean" on those tall minarets is spectacular, but it is the fabulous light - the way the warm artificial light combines with the cold blue natural light of dawn - which makes this image so magical. And, of course, the stunning reflections off the wet stone slabs in the foreground too.

Gorgeous light and colours, spot-on exposure and exquisite details and sharpness throughout.

Stunning!

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. Just a wee question - is this HDR? I suspect it isn't but I'm probably wrong!

Old 06-10-2014, 03:16 PM
TE Expert

Default To tyro: hdr

Hi John
thanks as always for your kind comments.

to straight out answer your question, NO. Its not HDR.

but there may be some HDR's in the future that will pop up from time to time.
Depends of course on just how they turn out!

it was a bit disappointing to have rain for 2 of the 4 days in Istanbul, but its not under out control..what can you do?

Tosca and I were laughing that its like we took the Vancouver weather with us! haha...we were right at home lol

thanks again...i'll have to make sure i check out your gallery and see what i've missed.
cheers
craig
Old 06-10-2014, 03:35 PM
TE Expert

Default Bad Weather...............!

Hi Craig,

Great to have you back! Where exactly have you been? I'm really looking forward to seeing many more of your shots!

We had a mini TE meeting last week in Derbyshire in England and it pi**ed with rain for three days with the exception of about two hours of sunshine. Bloody typical. Never mind, we can still take photographs (of sorts) in the rain and, if you come from Scotland or Vancouver, you've already been born with webbed feet and you're kinda used to that sort of weather.

Cheers,

John.