Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great tyro 2014-06-10 5:07

Hi Bev,

Well all I can say is that this image is a lot more appealing than that "beautiful sculpture" to which you were directed - at least, if by that you mean the tree trunk which had been chopped about with a chainsaw. Even my carpenter friend didn't think much of that! :o)

But here I can see that Mike's influence has rubbed off on you - strong lines of composition, strong contrasts, shadows, black and white - I think you might have become a convert.

Seriously, this is a delightfully and very well composed shot and one into which I suspect you must have put a lot of thought, whether that was at the time of taking or during cropping/processing - or both. Technically perfect too with spot-on exposure and exquisite depth of field and sharpness.

Excellent!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:39 PM
TE Expert

Wink To tyro: Influences

Hello John,

Thank you for your critique.
I have always loved shadow patterns but there is no doubt that I have been influenced by Mike, probably by the tilting, and by many other photographers on this site.
I actually composed the shot in camera but added a little extra tilt in PSE as it is always difficult to get the angle just right in situ. I did crop it a little as I had Claude's feet visible on the path!

Kind regards,
Bev :-)
I think I messed up on the pics I sent to you. 'm not sure they went to everyone! There were also captions which didn't appear with the shot. One said - John auditioning for the Antiques Roadshow; the other said - A doctor examines a tree for evidence of (horse) chest disease.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:06 PM
TE Expert

Default Email came through loud and clear.....!

Hi Bev,

No, there wasn't a problem at all with your email - it came through loud and clear with two pictures titled just as you say. Your email was sent from Len's email address. Did you get my reply or any of the pictures which I sent to everybody? And did you receive the ones from Mike?

Did you get Claude's email yesterday? He says he will send pictures to everyone via something called WETRANSFER - have you ever heard of that? I haven't. I guess I need to Google it and see what I can find out.

Best Wishes to you and Len,

John.