Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great mcmtanyel 2014-06-06 6:35

Hello Jason,
Yes, it is an ordinary scene for those of us who do their everyday shopping at a "supermarket" (as they say in Turkey) but it is on the rare side for those accustomed to do their shopping in souks or bazaars. The shelves provide colorful perspective lines. You are not alone in this endeavor, when I first got my AW-100, I made a grocery store run just to take photos and got as strange looks as you describe.
I assume you found your passport. Does that mean you are getting ready for an overseas trip?
Regards,
MT

Old 06-08-2014, 01:42 AM
TE Expert

Default To mcmtanyel: Located

Hey Murat,

Whew, I found it! Yes indeed, I need it to get across the Atlantic as I'm planning on visiting Serghei at the end of August...well, I won't get to him until the calendar turns to September, but yeah....I'll be on my way. Got lucky enough with a tax return this year to have enough coins to actually make the voyage, but I'll have to exchange them for rubles at some point.

I'd love to see your grocery store pics, certainly not something we see people doing too often, right? Others must think we're a bunch of nuts sometimes!

Hope you're having a nice weekend. Take care.

J
Old 06-09-2014, 04:47 PM
TE Junior Member

Hi Jason,
I posted one of those photos here, on 500px. The zoom effect is through postprocessing, though.