Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great photoray 2014-04-19 10:52

Howdy Noel,

Impressive Turm from your position,like standing underneath a giant rocketship pointing towards the heavens. and the monochrome forces attention to details rather than colors.

Have an excellent Easter weekend,
Cheers,
Ray

PS: Using empty cigarette boxes to create a model church is disheartening. Nicotine has killed many of my loved ones, including my Father and both Grandfathers.

Old 04-19-2014, 06:27 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To photoray: Hi Ray

hi Ray,
Thanks for your comment, and happy Easter to you too.

Please know I meant no disrespect in that comment, cigarette boxes were one of those materials that was so readily available to me back then when sadly every single member of my family smoked. Since then, we lost our mum to smoking and many other family members too including uncles, aunts and cousins, so we too know the result of this horrible habit. Thanks be, since then, every member of my family has stopped, thanks to the big push in Ireland to make people more aware of the dangers, and of course the smoking ban which got many to stop.

Your comment did make to stop to think though, how surreal it is to build a place like that from a material like that. I honestly never saw it like that.

Your comment made me think about that long ago time in a different way.

All the best
Noel