Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great macjake 2014-04-13 22:34

Hi Rosemary
Its hard for me to imagine living in such a small country like Namibia :)
I live in the 2nd largest country in the world, and we have SOOOO many contrasting landscapes!

It cost's me $1500-$1800 to fly from coast to coast in our own country! yikes, sometimes i think Canada is too big!

How far is this area of land from the opposite corner in Namibia? Must be nice to travel in Namibia :)
Or perhaps i'm way off, who knows!

Its very hard to travel within Canada, its cheaper for me to fly to England than it is to Eastern Canada...go figure!

and you're so right, this looks much different than so many other landscapes we see in Namibia.
the water here in your photo looks so still, almost like a sheet of glass.

the photo is very bright and luminous, has a sheen and shine to it thats very attractive. nice shot!
see you around
craig

Old 04-14-2014, 06:15 AM
TE Expert

Default To macjake: size

Hi Craig - It is about 1450km as the crow flies and I guess 2000km by road. The land mass is 823290 sq km and the population under 2.5 million. We drove here from Windhoek in about 14hrs stopping overnight at the halfway mark. Most of the roads were paved but the last 150km was dirt.

To us Namibia seems big, not as big as Canada that's for sure but wild and open spaces everywhere. The nearest town to Windhoek is 70km away. To get to the coast 350km away we drive through 3 towns... probably villages to someone used to large urban areas.

Are you getting ready for your hols? Where to?

Have a great week

Rosemary