Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great delpeoples 2014-04-12 5:55

Gidday Craig

Wow I never knew you were so close to this famous skiing place. Even I, a non-skier, has heard of Whistler. And as I said on FB, are you sure you didn't make the name Inukshuk up, trying to compete with Woy Woy, Wattanobbi and Kangy Angy? I'm not convinced you haven't ;) And a beautiful WS with your gorgeous model.

Thanks for sharing, have a great weekend
Lisa

PS: Did you hear that the Canadian and US ice hockey teams are coming to Australia to play in July? I've never seen an ice-hockey game before, and as I love watching any sport, will probably go. And will definitely be wearing the Maple Leaf :D

Old 04-12-2014, 01:24 PM
TE Expert

Default To delpeoples: Inukshuk, Ice Hockey & Grass Football

Hey Lisa
haha...yeah its real, 100% real, no fake names here. I'm probably not smart enough to come up with a name like Inukshuk!

If you REALLY want a laugh and a chuckle, when driving from Vancouver to Whistler, many of the road signs are written in Native Indian language. Oh My God you should try to pronounce some of the names. The sign would say Whistler 110 Km...and below it in Indian language.
the best is when you see the road sign for Squamish....in Indian its something like Sxwh7!hmhs - no kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No word of a lie, they actually have the #7 in the Indian word for Squamish! lol its so cool. How does one pronounce that!?

And yeah, you'd love the drive up to Whistler, we were talking about you alot on the drive...its very scenic. hugging the Ocean all the way up on the left and on the right are all the tall cliffs soaring above you.

So which Ice hockey team is it? the Womens team?
Its funny to hear how Non-Canadians talk about hockey...most call it
Ice Hockey lol

a Canadian NEVER EVER says i'm going out to play Ice Hockey! lol

its kind of like a European saying I'm heading out to play grass football.

lol

Here in Canada, its just Hockey!

Great to hear from you, hope you have a wicked time on your trip, you deserve it!!!!
Off to work
cheers