Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great tyro 2014-04-05 8:22

Hi Craig,

As a dedicated car enthusiast, I love these pictures of that old matt-black Chevvy. The owner obviously loves it because he's bought it a present of some nice spanking new alloy wheels - well, just one anyway!

But, Craig, I've never been to Cuba, so how did you manage to get me in the foreground of your photograph? :)

This is a brilliant photograph of the street and that old black Chevrolet against the decaying facades of the buildings - and do I see either an old orange Fiat or Russian Lada in the distance? - and Mr. Grumpy definitely helps the composition - his sad appearance matches the grumpy grin of the grille of the car perfectly.

Lovely light and colours, perfect exposure and your usual wonderful attention to detail.

Brilliant!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 04-06-2014, 08:20 PM
TE Expert

Default To tyro: time traveling

Hey John
thanks again for your interesting comments...

and thats why i'm getting back to you.

I have to tell you that i actually laughed out loud when i read your note about that man being you in the photo!

perhaps you have special powers that i don't know about! haha
so where else have you traveled to recently lol

have a great day
craig
Old 04-06-2014, 08:41 PM
TE Junior Member

Smile

Craig, sorry to butt in guys, but having met Tyro I have to say he is anything but a grumpy old Cuban so he does himself a huge injustice by projecting himself into your image! He's a funny Scotsman - and they are even rarer than the car in the shot (if you exclude Billy Connolly and the other comedian Alex Salmond)! Plus Cuba is famous for cigars and Tyro smokes a pipe - I guess given his love of such cars he could smoke a tail pipe?!

Have a good day guys.