Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2014-03-30 2:56

Hello John,

I'm not sure whether the lady's concerned face is a result of you photographing her or the man watching her but she does make a great focal image!

A really well composed and nicely balanced shot. You have absolutely dictated how you want viewers to see your shot.
There are fine textural details, interesting and varied architectural details and fine, saturated colours.
And, of course, there is the scenario of the lady to keep us guessing!

Have a great Sunday,
Bev :-)

Old 03-30-2014, 11:18 AM
TE Expert

Default To Royaldevon: A grumpy lady.........

Hi Bev,

Thank you for your kind remarks about this one!

This was taken three years ago during a wonderful photographic holiday in Menorca with Philip Dunn. In fact, that holiday was so good that we're going again this coming May. But this picture was taken during a day's "walkabout" in Ciutadella - an amazingly beautiful city.

Of course, this one was taken on my old Canon 20D and, as such, I only had a maximum of 8 megapixels to play around with so it's not quite as clear and sharp as it might otherwise have been.

Like yourself, once I'd cropped the picture (quite an extensive crop actually) and edited it, I realised just what a grumpy expression this girl had on her face! I haven't a clue who she was - she certainly wasn't one of our crowd - and perhaps she was none to pleased at being photographed or by being "eyed up" by the two guys on the left, I'm not sure!

Have a great Sunday too, Bev! Oh, Mothers' Day today, eh? Are you going to be pampered?

John.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:42 PM
TE Expert

Talking Pampered

Hello John,

Yes, I have been pampered.
I feel such a lucky mum to have been so cared for!

We have been out for a meal in Manchester, and I was treated to flowers and wine. We've had a lovely day, chatting, laughing and making plans! What could be better!

I hope you and Yvonne had a good day, too,
Bev