Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great SnapRJW 2014-03-12 1:08

Hello Nick - I like your composition and the sharpness and fine detail in the architecture but I find the PP work across the sky a little rough. The overall look is very attractive but when the shot is viewed at full size there are some noticeable artifacts around the margins of the skyline and buildings. One of the statues has got caught up in your softening process and almost obliterated. Is the sky a pasted addition? It looks quite surreal, not that I have a problem with manipulation I just feel that for such an attractive image attention to detail is important. You seem to have a very good eye for composition and balance and I think in a case like this it is worth being a bit picky with your PP.

Nicely tried though and worth the 2 points!

Best regards

Rosemary

Old 03-17-2014, 02:17 AM
TE Newbie

Default To SnapRJW: Thanks

Hello Rosemary,

Thanks for the comments! You're absolutely spot on, the PP is very rough indeed. Normally I'm quite picky about editing but I edited this on a backup laptop with a low screen resolution and stupidly forgot to check it. As for the sky, it isn't pasted but the sky had a lot of noise which even my NR plugin wouldn't fix, so I used a blur as a last resort to smooth it out, I did perhaps go a little ( lot ) overboard. I was in two minds myself at the time too, the more I look at it, the less I like it! I must remember not to edit ( and upload ) things in the small hours in future Thanks very much for taking the time, it's good to be picky, although in this case I don't think you were actually being picky at all

Nick