Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great PaulVDV 2014-03-16 14:43

Hello Malgo,
I visited Shwedagon in 1997 in full rainy season and it kept on raining, raining and raining :)
And yet it was a amazing and very serene place.
I could have taken hundreds of pictures there but it was still the time before digital photography. So taking many pictures was quite expensive then, anyway much more expensive than it is now.
The golden colour is pretty predominant on the photo. Just like in reality.
One of these guys wears a jeans. If I remember well, in 1997 every man in Myanmar wore a longyi. There's another guy with a longyi but he doesn't look very happy with his cellphone :)
Best regards, Paul

Old 03-16-2014, 11:27 PM
TE Expert

Smile To PaulVDV: rain and longyi

Hi PAul, Sometimes I go to rainy countries, it is not possible to go every where in the best time, but for farther places I try to choose the good time. In Myanmar was just fine weather, hot but not too much. Instead, in Vietnam not far away it was raining all the time.
In early nineties the photos were indeed expensive so I made video. and what to do with it now?? But now I make to many photos. Only now I saw and made some selections in my all photos from France, after almost half a year!
In Maynamar still most of the men and women wear longyi. Maybe the guy in jeans is also tourist?
In 1997 it must have looked quite different than when I was there. Now the travelling is very easy, there are private air companies so no problem with going to farther places.
Have anice week

MAlgo