Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great ourania 2014-03-12 15:38

Hello Jason,
this is a very impressive picture -and rare, from what I gather from the comments of friends who have been there wishing to photograph the Bull too. I like how you describe the artist's concept in your note, looking at the Charging Bull on the way to work every morning must have been great encouragement for people working in Wall Street. The values and methods of Wall Street have caused tremendous side effects on people, companies and whole countries though, and we've been severely affected in Greece too. Maybe now we are in need of the inspiration and energy boost offered by the magnificent sculpture.
I like very much how it occupies the whole frame and how its power is barely held within the borders. Superb dynamism and sense of action that's not undermined at all by the street details and the presence of the people. The texture, the colour and the sheens are marvelous, I also like its soft shadow. Great picture, congratulations and thank you!
All the best, have a great day,
Ourania

PS Thank you so much for your comment on my "blue" picture, you saw so much as if you had actually been there!

Old 03-13-2014, 04:09 AM
TE Expert

Default To ourania: Theater of the Mind

Hi Ourania,

Always appreciate your thoughtful and well written notes. I know I've said it before, but you really have quite a way with words, there's a smooth flow and wonderful insight expressed with each one.

This really was a chore to come away with a clear shot, the hordes of other tourists made it rather frustrating, enough so that I decided to leave an return later for a better chance.

Your "blue" picture really captivates the imagination, taking me back to younger days when I would sometimes just lie in the front yard and see what shapes and objects I could envision from the cloud formations. There's also something mysterious about an empty street scene like that, makes me wonder...is it really the zombie apocalypse, is there about to be a large group turning the corner at any moment to try and eat my brains!! haha

Thanks for taking the time to write such detailed and kind notes. Have a great day!

J
Old 03-13-2014, 05:33 PM
TE Senior Member

Hello Jason,
thank you very much for your comment on my comments, I really appreciate it!
The thought (or eventuality) of zombies roaming in the empty streets of Lakki is very funny, you never know This will surely make me laugh (and look around) each time I pass from there
All the best,
Ourania