Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great macjake 2014-03-03 17:29

Hi John
well, I have to say...i really enjoy that Map feature!

Did you know that you can purchase a GPS device that sits on the 'hotshoe' of the camera...and everyphoto has the lat/long co-ordinates on it! thats cool!!!
Obviously its not a NEED, its more of a toy and just a WANT :)
but fun nonetheless...

and you're photo here truly describes what you went through, and yeah, thats one narrow road. But I suppose there isn't much traffic on these backcountry areas.

good to see the landscape and its overall appearance.
I plan on traveling to Scotand/Ireland in the next year or 2. Plan on renting a car and driving the coast lines, visiting Edinburgh, Dublin...all the castles and ruins..Oh i can't wait!!!!
(perhaps a TE meeting or two lol)

nice post John
see you around
craig

Old 03-04-2014, 01:59 AM
TE Expert

Default To macjake: GPS......and a TE meet!!!!

Hi Craig,

Thanks once again for your kind remarks!!

Yes, I've heard about these GPS devices but you can also buy cameras now that have a GPS facility built into them too. But I think most of those cameras are "compacts" and not "real" cameras like the ones we use! Anyway, it's not that hard to look on Google Earth and find out just where you were when you took the shot - it's quite fun to do too.

Nope, there's not much traffic on these roads but you've still got to be pretty careful, especially as some people can come on you pretty quick around the tight blind bends and you've got nowhere to go to avoid them.

Gee, man (this is me in North American speak), that's cool that you might be a-comin' to dear ol' Scotland, man! Seriously, it would be absolutely brilliant if we could meet up and I could drag you around some old relics (apart from me!). Just name the day and I'll be waiting for you!

Take Care and Cheers!

John.