Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great emka 2014-02-27 12:29

Hi Craig,

It is a bit of snow but probably not so cold, the path looks wet. I am not surprised she is jogging but is she in shorts?? This I find very strange. My son goes on bike in every weather and goes in sandals without socks sometimes in winter, but it is nothing compared to this brave woman. Nice photo, seems black and white except the bare legs of the lady.

WArm regrads MAlgo
have you got my email?

Old 02-28-2014, 04:37 AM
TE Expert

Default To emka: email - travel plans

Hi Malgo
yes, Sorry for the late reply

I booked a hotel very close by the Blue Mosque
not the cheapest hotel, but well under the $200 a night hotels i've been finding.
Just a little more expensive than a hostel, but with private bathrooms and fantastic location - or at least i think it is

Normally we plan and pre-book our holidays in advance, but this time we're going to be a bit more spontaneous. We have booked 4 nights in Istanbul starting May 9th, but then it's ALL up in the air...we'll see how it goes. We will probably spend 9 or 10 days in Turkey, 2 weeks in Greece including Athens, Santorini, and exploring some other places in Greece by renting a car, and then maybe 4 days in Venice and 1 day in Burano.

Who know's...thats the exciting part.

I'll be meeting up with Deniz in Istanbul, but nothing else planned so far in terms of meeting people. I'm sure Deniz will be very helpful

Strange to see you staying home in March! haha...you've been traveling alot lately, thats great!!!! Keep it going!
cheers
craig
Old 03-05-2014, 09:21 PM
TE Expert

Talking Trip plans

So we will start our trips in the same time. On 9th May I go to Bratislava and then to Malaga. i have booked already all my hostels for this Spain and Austria trip. But in Georgia I will be a bit spontaneous like you.
I am sure you will have a great time with Deniz in Istanbul. From Istanbul we went to Kappadokia by night bus, in this way we saved a day, but probably you like more comfort. There the distances are rather small so it is better to go without organized tours, to rent a car or even bike. With a tour you loose time in workshops, restaurants, shops and so on. On the other hand, it is nice to meet other people.
In Venice it is well worth buying a ticket for water tram for 24 or 48 hours. There are only five bridges on Canale Grande, so it is OK when you can go to the other side by boat where ever you want. With this ticket I managed to see all the islands in one day - Burano, Murano, Torcello and Lido.
Cheers

MAlgo